AmeriCorps Goodwill GoodWorks!
AmeriCorps Goodwill GoodWorks! – an opportunity to serve your community by helping Goodwill meet the local needs of people with barriers to employment through career training, job placement, and resource connections.
New Service Year Starts Every August – APPLY TODAY!
Through a partnership with Volunteer Florida, about 20 individuals serve as AmeriCorps members at Goodwill each year. These members help by teaching classes, creating e-courses, assisting people in career centers, and more!
Why Americorps Goodwill GoodWorks!?
- You will be participating in meaningful service and having a deep impact on a community
- You will develop new skills through service and using ones you already have to help others
- You will have the chance to make your mark in the community
- You will be part of a nationwide network of members strengthening our communities
- Learn teamwork, communication, responsibility, and other essential skills that will help boost your resume and future job opportunities
- Gain personal satisfaction by accepting a challenge and seeing results
- Members get thousands in education awards to pay for college or to pay off student loans
- Being an AmeriCorps member allows your to defer repayment of your current student loans
- AmeriCorps members receive a bi-weekly living allowance to help defer cost
- Full-time AmeriCorps member get health coverage benefits
AmeriCorps members help to further Goodwill’s mission by providing support for training and employment services to the disabled and disadvantaged.
Depending on the position, members help to complete tasks such as:
- Recruiting volunteers and organize events
- Completing employment barrier assessments
- Helping to remove employment barriers
- Refer clients to appropriate services
- Create e-courses and classroom-based programs
- Teach and proctor classes on a verity of subjects
- Providing one-on-one and on-the-job training
- Offering employability skills
- And more!
- FT Outreach / Recruiter (Volunteer Developer)
- PT Social Worker / Social Service Aid (Resource Connector)
- PT Course Instructor (Trainer / Proctor)
- PT Course Developer (Trainer / Proctor)
Full-time: (Locations: Panama City, and Tallahassee, Florida)
1700 hours; living allowance, health insurance, $5,815 education award*
Half-time: (Locations: Panama City, and Tallahassee, Florida)
900 hours; living allowance; $2,907.50 education award*
Send an email with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on the program call 850-522-3900, Ext: 208