Sometimes it takes a little help to get on solid financial footing. Our financial mentors are here to help you manage your debt and expenses to better your financial situation. The Prosperity Center focuses on breaking down barriers that keep individuals from being successful in reaching their goal of financial independence. This program is designed to be a hand up and not just a hand out.
The Prosperity Center offers Tallahassee a one-stop source of financial stability services, including: Free Income Tax Preparation, Credit Counseling & Financial Education, Money Management & Budget Development, Educational & Career Counseling, First-time Homebuyer Education, Micro-Enterprise Education, Asset Building through savings and banking basics, Foreclosure Mitigation (intake); and Benefits Screening & Enrollment (access to food stamps, Kidcare, Medicare, Medicaid, etc.).
We also have monthly financial challenges with awards for winners to those enrolled into our Money Clubs. For more information, visit: The Tallahassee Prosperity Center
Money Sense is a four-hour workshop that teaches money management basics to empower you to take charge of your finances and create your own wealth.
- Stop living paycheck to paycheck
- Save for the things you need
- Get credit cards under control
- Fix your credit report
What Will I Learn?
- The value of credit and why you need it
- The cost of credit and when to use it
- How to pull and fix your credit report free
- How to create a spending plan
- How to stay within your budget
- Why you should save and how to do it
- How to invest for retirement
- Types of loans and how to get one
- Basic banking terms, rates, and fees
How will it Help?
Money Sense will help you build financial stability and independence. It will teach you the basic skills you need to make sound financial decisions for yourself and your family.
- Stay caught up with your bills
- Save on fees and interest charges
- Raise your credit score
- Invest for the future
When Can I Start?
Money Sense is facilitated in Panama City weekly, and at all other Career Training Centers once every month.
All classes are free to the public. To register for Money Sense and learn how to get your finances under control, contact the Career Training Center nearest you.