One of the great things about shopping at Goodwill is you always know what to expect: Great finds, excellent customer service, and best of all… Knowing that your purchase helps our community for good. But have you thought of celebrating life’s milestones with a little help from Goodwill? Keep reading to see what we mean.
Bo’s Thrifty Birthday
This summer, one of our customers, Bo, celebrated his 30th birthday by bringing his friends in for a one-of-a-kind thrift game! Before his group went out to celebrate, they all gathered at Goodwill to create the perfect outfits for a memorable birthday that had everyone in on the fun.
Why Celebrate at Goodwill?
It may be a little unconventional, but if you love thrifting and having fun with friends and family, celebrating with the help of Goodwill is quite the event!
- Uniqueness: A thrifting game is a unique and fun experience that can be the perfect beginning or end to a fun night of partying.
- Photo friendly: With all the unique items you will find, you can be sure it will make some excellent photos to share with your friends on social media.
- Gifts at a great price: You can find some of the best brands at the best prices here at Goodwill.
- It helps the community: What’s better than having fun while also doing good? Any purchase you make helps further Goodwill’s mission for good.
Getting the Party Started!
There are so many ways to celebrate at Goodwill! Scavenger hunts, holiday games, thrifting challenges, and much more can all be enjoyed at Goodwill. In this article from Thought Catalog, they rank thrifting as the #1 unique party idea that you may have never thought of before. Thrifting is the perfect way to get your night of fun started!
We hope when you are planning your next celebration, you consider stopping by your local Goodwill!
Summer is here! That means it’s time for picnics, hammocks, and fun in the sun. Perhaps there is no better way to spend your time in the sun than a relaxing pool or beach day! But you don’t want to forget the necessities (like sunscreen!). Goodwill is here to get you ready for fun in the sun with items like:
- Sunglasses – NEW!
- Beach Hats
- Swimsuits and cover-ups
- Beach Accessories
If you need any beach essentials, stop by your nearest Goodwill and hunt for your summer finds! Click below to find your nearest Goodwill store.
You can also check out our Beach & Gift Store in Santa Rosa if you’re looking for affordably priced, all-new items. It’s your one-stop-shop for all beach necessities and souvenirs, like:
- Tommy Bahama dress shirts
- Luxury towels
- Beach toys
- 30A souvenirs
- Lounge chairs
Ready to cool down after all this summer planning?
How about making your own popsicles! This helpful guide from Live at Learn will show you how to make the perfect frozen treat for you and your family this summer. No matter the recipe, here’s the three steps to remember:
- Mix: Mix your ingredients and pour into molds according to the popsicle you want to make:
Berry Lemon: Combine all ingredients in a blender until smooth. Pour into molds.
Rainbow Fruit: Distribute fruit into molds. Combine coconut water and honey, then pour into molds, tapping on the counter to remove air pockets.
Berries and Cream: Puree berries until smooth (add a touch of water or juice if needed to get things moving). Stir together yogurt, honey, and vanilla. Spoon berries and yogurt into molds in alternating layers.
Coconut Lime: Stir together all ingredients. Pour into molds.
Sneaky Spinach: Combine all ingredients in a blender until smooth. Pour into molds.
- Freeze: Insert popsicle sticks and freeze until hard, at least 4 hours.
- Unmold: Run mold under warm water for a few seconds to loosen, then remove pops from the molds.
Just mix, mold, and freeze and you are on your way to making your own popsicles this summer!
We hope you have a fantastic summer filled with lots of sun and frozen treats! Be sure to check back often at our Goodwill locations, as you never know what exciting items may come our way!