AmeriCorps Goodwill GoodWorks!
Make a Difference in your Community and Join our Fall Program from September 2021 – July 2022
*You have an opportunity to re-enroll for a second year from September 2022 – July 2023*
Flexible & Part-Time: Site Locations in Panama City & Tallahassee, Florida; flexible schedule; career development; change lives; receive a modest biweekly living allowance and an education award
Follow these 3 easy steps:
- Click on the link below
- Create an account
- Complete the application
Member Service Descriptions
Want to Learn More?
Contact our AmeriCorps Goodwill GoodWorks! Recruiter, Yanelis Roman at (850) 755-7051 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our AmeriCorps Goodwill GoodWorks! Program is an opportunity to serve your community by helping Goodwill meet the local needs of people with barriers to employment through career training, job placement, and resource connections.
Thousands of individuals and families continue to be impacted by the economic fallout due to the coronavirus pandemic. You will help better the lives of economically disadvantaged individuals by removing barriers in their progression to self-sufficiency, specifically by helping them obtain meaningful and productive employment.
Thanks to our partnership with Volunteer Florida, about 20 individuals serve as AmeriCorps State members at Goodwill each year. These members dedicate a year of service to alleviate poverty in Tallahassee and Panama City, Florida.
What is AmeriCorps?
AmeriCorps is a national service program that provides opportunities for individuals to serve their communities in many different capacities. In exchange for a living stipend, educational award and valuable on-the-job experience, members work in nonprofit organizations, educational foundations and government agencies for one year, helping mentor at-risk students, train job-seekers and conserve public land, and so much more. It is a chance to apply your skills and energy toward helping others and strengthening the organizations that make a positive difference in Americans’ lives.
Why Serve with our AmeriCorps Goodwill GoodWorks! Program?
- You will serve your country while you build skills and gain connections that can help you transition to the civilian workforce or to a new career
- You will have an opportunity to help individuals who have disabilities; returning to the community from incarceration; who are experiencing homelessness; who are single parents; and who have other barriers that put them at a disadvantage in getting and staying out of poverty
- You will empower our local communities by providing occupational skills training and assistance in finding jobs and becoming employed
- You will also join a nationwide network of current and previous AmeriCorps members strengthening our communities
- You will learn teamwork, communication, responsibility, personal and professional development, and other essential skills that will boost your resume and future job prospects
- Receive a Segal AmeriCorps Education Award upon successful completion of service that can be used to pay off qualified student loans or to finance college, graduate school, or vocational training at eligible institutions
- Defer repayment of your current student loans while in service
- Receive a modest bi-weekly living allowance
- Full-time AmeriCorps members get health coverage benefits
Depending on the service description, members provide the full breadth of training necessary for obtaining a good job by completing tasks such as:
- Assist in COVID relief efforts
- Volunteer recruitment and event coordinating
- Completing employment barrier assessments
- Helping to remove employment barriers
- Refer clients to appropriate services
- Offer computer skills and financial classes
- Create e-courses and classroom-based programs
- Teach and proctor classes on a variety of subjects
- Providing one-on-one and on-the-job training
- Offering employability skills
- And more!