Good Turn for Goodwill
Oct 1st – Oct 31st
Goodwill Industries-Big Bend has proudly teamed up with the Girl Scouts of the Florida Panhandle to help teach the importance of recycling, philanthropy, and community service. Girl Scout will earn a Good Turn for Goodwill patch, and troops will compete to win a pizza party provided by Goodwill.
How to Earn Patch
(One patch per Girl Scout – highest ranking patch will be distributed)
- Every Girl Scout who turns in a 13-gallon tall kitchen bag OR copier boxes of donations between the dates listed above will receive a Good Turn for Goodwill patch. A dated rocker will also be earned to show the year the girl participated. Each year the girl will earn a new dated rocker patch.
- Each Girl Scout (3) in the three areas, Tallahassee, Panama City, Pensacola, who brings in the most bags or copier boxes of donations between the specified dates will earn a gold patch signifying GOOD TURN CHAMPION, a certificate of appreciation and tickets to a local fun spot.
- The Girl Scout troop (3) in the three areas, Tallahassee, Panama City, and Pensacola, who brings in the most bags or copier boxes of donations between the specified dates will earn a certificate of appreciation and a gift certificate for a pizza party at their convenience.
How to Collect Donations
- Collect items from family, friends, neighbors, And businesses
- Fill out the donation form and take each 13-gallon bag or copier box of donations to any Goodwill Donation Center. Visit our donations center page for a list of all donation sites.
- Tell the Donation Center attendant that you are participating in the Girl Scouts: Good Turn for Goodwill program. Have the donation attendant verify the donation, sign and date the donation form.
- Turn in the donation form to your troop leader.
- TURN IN YOUR PATCH ORDER NO LATER THAN Nov 18th: Troop Leaders must turn in your Troop’s TOTAL number of boxes and bags donated and the TOTAL number of girls who qualified for a patch, plus the name of the Girl Scout in your troop with the largest number of donations and her individual total during the Good Turn program timeline.
CLICK HERE to submit your information.